The Ruger American Rifle Predator model includes all the features of the original Ruger American Rifle, plus a moss green stock, a heavier tapered, threaded barrel and a factory installed one-piece aluminium scope rail. It is available in six calibers - .223 Rem (featuring a 1:8 Twist), .204 Ruger, .22-250 Rem, .243 Win, 6.5 Creedmoor and .308 Win.
"The Ruger American Rifle is a proven performer, delivering outstanding accuracy right out of the box. This new Predator model offers a slightly heavier barrel and other features that our Ruger customers requested", said Ruger President and Chief Operating Officer Chris Killoy.
The threaded barrels (1/2-28 threads on .223 Rem, .204 Ruger and .22-250 Rem. models, and 5/8-24 on all other calibres) allow fitment of a variety of muzzle accessories.
- Ruger Marksman Adjustable trigger offers a crisp release with a pull weight that is user-adjustable between 3 and 5 pounds, allowing shooters to make that perfect shot.
- Ergonomic, lightweight moss green composite stock (designed for quick, easy handling) blends a classic look with modern forend contouring and grip serrations. Swivel studs are installed.
- Soft rubber recoil pad is crafted for maximum recoil reduction.
- The one-piece, three-lug bolt with 70 degree throw provides ample scope clearance, and utilizes a full diameter bolt body and dual cocking cams for smooth, easy cycling from the shoulder.
- Another patent-pending innovation is Power Bedding, an integral bedding block system that positively locates the receiver and free- floats the barrel for outstanding accuracy.
- Offers minute-of-angle accuracy that can make every hunt a success.
- The heavier tapered, threaded barrel is cold hammer-forged, resulting in ultra-precise rifling that provides exceptional accuracy, longevity and easy cleaning
- Features a visible, accessible and easy-to-actuate tang safety that provides instant security.
- Rotary magazine fits flush with the stock and offers the smooth feed that has become the hallmark of Ruger rotary magazines.
- Also features a factory installed one-piece aluminum scope rail.
- Also Includes: magazine; sling swivel studs.
- Barrel length: 22" (308Win is 18")
- Weight: 6.62 pounds