Beware the man with one gun, for he probably knows how to use it. Never has this been more true than with the Ruger Gunsite Scout Rifle, the one rifle to have if you could have only one. It is the perfect lightweight, hard-hitting, do-it-all bolt-action rifle.
- The composite stock features a forward aluminum bedding block and rear aluminum pillar that positively locate the receiver and free float the 16.1" barrel for outstanding accuracy.
- Barrel is capped with a radial port muzzle brake and thread protector.
- Forward mounted picatinny rail allows for the mounting of modern optics, like an intermediate eye relief scope (not included), for "both eyes open" sighting and super-fast target acquisition.
- 10-Round, detachable box magazine with push forward, Mini-14 style, magazine release just forward of the trigger guard.
- Soft rubber recoil pad with buttpad spacers allow the rifle to be properly sized for different shooters, or varying levels of outerwear or defensive gear (three 1/2" spacers included).
- Accurate sighting system with ghost ring adjustable rear aperture sight and a protected, non-glare post front sight.
- Patented integral scope mounts, machined directly on the solid-steel receiver provide a stable mounting surface for scope rings, eliminating a potential source of looseness and inaccuracy in the field (scope rings included).
- Non-Rotating, mauser-type controlled round feed extractor is the most positive case extraction system ever invented, and features a fixed blade-type ejector that positively ejects the empty cases as the bolt is moved fully rearward.
- Developed with Gunsite, this rifle is "Gunsite Approved" and features the Gunsite name rollmarked on the receiver.
- Also includes a rugged, one-piece, stainless steel bolt; three-position safety; studs for mounting sling swivels; molded-in swivel stud directly in front of the magazine for a third "Ching Sling" attachment point; medium contour cold hammer-forged barrel; glass reinforced nylon trigger guard and magazine well.